One of the keys to a successful Scouting experience for young people, second only to the selection of the right person for each responsibility, is trained volunteer leadership. Leadership training provides adult leaders with fundamental information about the aims and methods of the movement, as well as specifics about their particular roles in Scouting.
For this reason, the Tecumseh Council is committed to provide top quality training opportunities for leaders, parents and Scouts at the district and council levels. Through these efforts, the delivery of a better and quality Scouting program can be provided to our entire youth membership.
Are You Still Trained?
Keeping Scouts safe and keeping Scouting leaders up to date with current information and methods means some of the BSA's training courses need to be retaken every couple of years. Below is a list of these courses and how often they should be retaken to be valid:
- Youth Protection—every two years
- National Camping School—good for five camping seasons
- Safe Swim Defense—every two years
- Paddle Craft Safety—every three years
- Aquatics Supervision/Swimming and Water Rescue—every three years
- BSA Lifeguard—every three years
- Visitation training—every two years
- Lead Climbing Instructor—every five years
- Climbing Instructor—every two years
- COPE/Climbing Inspector—every two years
- Safety Afloat—every two years
- Chain Saw Safety—every two years
- Trainer’s EDGE—every three years
- Hazardous Weather—every two years
- Physical Wellness—every two years
- Climb On Safely—every two years
- Trek Safely—every two years
Upcoming Training Events
CLICK HERE to see a list of upcoming trainings in Tecumseh Council.
Leadership Training Information
Leadership Training Resources