Important Summer Camp Update

To Our Scouting Community, 

As always, the safety of our Scouts, volunteers, employees and communities is our top priority. 

As we monitor and adjust to the ever–changing Coronavirus pandemic, we must uphold our promise to help other people at all times. Today, that means continuing to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19, which is now present in all 50 states.  

With this in mind, Tecumseh Council has made the decision to modify our 2020 Summer Program schedule at Camp Birch. This decision is also in keeping with Governor DeWine's plans for re-opening Ohio.

2020 Summer Programs at Camp Hugh Taylor Birch:

We will have no program in the month of June (except for Webelos Resident Camp):

Webelos Resident Camp: June 28 - July 1

Scouts BSA Camp Week 1 will move to combine with Scouts BSA Camp Week 2: July 5 - 11

Scouts BSA Camp Week 3 stays the same: July 12 - 18

Wolf Bear Camp will move to: July 31 - August 2. Check in and check out will remain the same time.

Cub Scout Day Camp will move to: August 3 - 7. Same times as if we ran them in June.

NOVA STEM Camp will move to: Aug 7 - 9. Check in and check out will remain the same time.

Unit leaders are being notified, personally, with these changes to ensure all Units have the ability to adjust their schedules and attend camp.

Our Health & Safety Committee is working diligently to develop and implement plans to keep our campers, families, and staff as safe as possible at camp this summer. More detailed information outlining those plans/policies will be made available to you in the weeks to come.

All tent camping will be single person camping unless they are from the same family unit. All tents this summer must be provided by the troop or family. Camp tents will not be available.

New dates and information have been posted on the Council website and social media updates will continue to go out as well.

Cub Scout Summer Camp Information and Registration Page

Scouts BSA Summer Camp Information and Registration Page

Late registration fees have been waived and the deadline to submit Campership applications has been extended. Those who have already submitted Campership applications will be notified shortly of the Camperships granted. In the event you, your Scout, or your Unit cannot attend camp due to Cover-19, all paid fees will be refunded in an expedited manner.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us! We can't wait to see you at Camp this summer!!!!

Yours in Scouting,

Rob Lavoie                                          DL Kaufman                                         Bethann Thompson

Scout Executive                                   Camp Director                                      VP of Camping  

[Click for member's page]                   Damon.Kaufman@scouting.org

 

Additional information and Resources can be found here:

National Statement on COVID-19 | Boy Scouts of AmericaExternal Link