Wood Badge C6-439-17
Dates (both weekends required)
- First Weekend is Friday, August 25 through Sunday, August 27, 2017
- Second Weekend is Friday, October 6 through Sunday, October 8, 2017
- Camp Hugh Taylor Birch
- 4057 Swimming Pool Road,Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Payment Dates & Fees
- The cost of this course is $265 per person, if paid in full by July 10, 2017.
- After July 10, 2017, the cost is $315.
- To assure a spot, a deposit of $50 needs to be made.
- Course fee covers materials, meals, program supplies and recognition items.
- The course is open to all registered Scout Leaders, and youth members who are at least 18 years old, in all councils and limited to a maximum of 48 paid participants.
Wood Badge welcomes all Scout leaders. Whether you are a Pack, Troop, Crew, Team, District or Council leader, you will find the essential tools to make you a better leader at Wood Badge. Youth members, who are at least 18 years old, are also invited to attend this training.
By attending Wood Badge , you will learn:
- Scouting applies to all aspects of your life.
- Essential skills of leading and following
- How to apply BSA values and activities through your Scouting position
- How and who to ask for assistance
- Scouting is an inspiration and a positive life-altering experience
- The mountain-top leadership training experience
- Completion of basic leader training for your registered Scouting position to include current Youth Protection Training.
- A full Scouting uniform is the dress code
- Outdoor skills are not necessary, but useful
Wood Badge at-a-glance
The course follows these themes:
Living the Values
- Values, mission and vision
- Aims and Methods
Bringing the Vision to Life
- Listening to learn
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Valuing people and leveraging diversity
- Coaching and mentoring
Models for Success
- Team development
- Situational leadership
Tools of the Trade
- Project planning and problem solving
- Managing conflict
- Assessing team performance
- Managing change
- Celebrating team success
Leading to Make a Difference
- Leaving a legacy
- Learning the greatest leadership secrets
Invitation from the Wood Badge Scoutmaster
My fellow Scouter,
I invite you to our Tecumseh Council Wood Badge course, the next step in your Scouting career. As an individual it is important to continue to learn and teach, this is your move and opportunity to do so.
Wood Badge has been an integral part of my life. I reflect and lean on the values often and strive to continually make myself a better person. My Wood Badge experience has enabled me to strengthen my family, professional and Scouting relationships.
You will have FUN, meet new friends, share your skills and learn the skills of others. At Wood Badge you will experience Scouting from a youth's perspec tive. As an adult leader or when guiding anyone, it is helpful to reflect on this perspective.
There will be an amazing staff for C6-439-17 to lead you on this mountain top experience that we call Wood Badge. Come and experience the course for your self and encourage your fellow leaders to join you in this amazing opportunity.
It's Your Move,
Course Director, C6-439-17
Please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 937.244.5987.