CHTB - Shooting Sports Saturdays
Open to Boy Scouts & Venture Crews (revised 2/7/17)
Archery - Shotgun - Rifle Ranges will be staffed with NRA Certified Instructors/RSOs during all sessions.
Organized by the Tecumseh Council Shooting Sports Committee
Where: Morning or Afternoon Range Wrist Bands/Ammo tickets purchased at the Range (cash or check, no credit cards)
Cost: A Wrist Band is $3 per shooter, per session for access to the Archery, Rifle or Shotgun Range.
- Wrist Bands and Ammo tickets - purchased at the Shooting Range (cash or check, no credit cards)
- To receive a wrist band you will receive a BASIC safety range briefing.
- Morning Session (9 am to noon) - AM
- Afternoon session (1pm to 4 pm) - PM
- No Ammo ticket needed for arrows at Archery Range.
- Shooting Access to all 3 Ranges for session purchased.
- Ammo Cost: Ammo tickets - presented to each NRA Range Safety Officer (RSO)
- Shotgun - $5 (12 shots of 12 or 20 gauge - or a combination of both)
- Rifle - $5 (50 shots)
- Muzzle Loader - $5 (10 shots) - Requires a NRA-NMLRA Muzzle Loader instructor
- No refunds on lost or unused Ammo tickets or wrist bands.
Scout A purchases a morning (AM) Wrist Band and wants to shoot archery - Total cost is $3.
Scouts B purchases an Afternoon (PM) Wrist Band, and shoots #50 shots of .22 Rifle, and #12 shots of Shotgun, and spends the rest of the Afternoon session on the Archery Range - Total cost is $3 + $5 + $5 = $13
Morning or Afternoon Wrist Bands and Ammo tickets - purchased at the Shooting Range (cash or check, no credit cards)
20 Minute rotation at Archery & Rifle Range, or as needed. (Shot count will be recorded)
- March 11, 2017 - Rifle Range may be under construction. Please contact DG
- May 20, 2017 - Rifle Range May be under construction. Please contact DG
- August 19, 2017
- September 16, 2017
- November 18. 2017
- December 16, 2017
- March 10, 2018
- May 19, 2018
- August 18, 2018
- September 15, 2018
- November 17, 2018
- December 15, 2018
- Units with scheduled reservation has priority on the range at the RSO discretion.
- Range Capacity (per rotation): Archery 8, Rifle 8, Shotgun 1
- If you are not a CHTB registered weekend camper, you MUST sign-in at the Camp Office to participate. This includes ALL non-shooters accompanying shooters, no exceptions.
- Most instructors are Archery/Rifle/Shotgun are Merit Badges counselors - Scouts must present Blue Cards and let the instructor know you need an appropriate target for recording purposes.
- No personal firearms (Bows, Rifles or Shotguns) will be permitted to be carried back to the ranges.
- Cancellation policy: if temps are < 40 degrees or heavy rain/thunderstorms
- For more information please contact DG Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org 937-206-1799